Thursday, January 31, 2013

Do you get cold/canker sores?



What's the difference between a cold sore and a canker sore?

Cold Sores:
-are brought on by a virus
-are found outside the mouth
-can be triggered by stress, hormonal changes, illness, fever and bright sunlight
-are contagious

Canker Sores:
-are brought on by bacteria
-are found inside the mouth

If you get either one of them, or both, it just isn't fun, it's painful, and it lasts for what seems like forever.  I once had sunburned lips which caused both lips to swell up, and I got cold sores that were plastered over both lips.  It was extremely painful.

Just yesterday I woke up with a cold sore, I thought I'd try something I'd heard about.  L-Lysine.  I took 3 of them, as directed on the back of the vitamin bottle and when I woke up this morning, the cold sore was GONE!

I'm not sure if it works for everyone, but it was suggested by my mom, mom's always know best!  All I can say, is that if you suffer from Cold or Canker sores it's worth buying a bottle of L-Lysine and giving it a try!

Out of curiosity, do you have any great cures that most of us don't know about?  I'd love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment